Give Your Input on Transit Development Today
The Northside Transportation Network (NTN) is collecting public comments to share with the Met Council regarding community input on transit development in north Minneapolis. Comments are due by the end of the day today. Please consider taking NTN’s survey here. As well as read below for more info from NTN about the comment period:
The Met Council is taking public comments to consider a local preferred alternative (mode or alignment) for the Bottineau Transitway. This alignment was recommended by the Hennepin County Regional Rail Authority to include:
1. Light rail transit on the West Broadway in Brooklyn Park – Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corridor – Olson Memorial Highway alignment (Alternative B-C-D1)
2. The proposed amendments also reflect proposed changes that include listing Lake Street and Hennepin Avenue along with Penn Avenue and Emerson-Fremont Avenues in north Minneapolis as potential Arterial Bus Rapid Transit corridors
3. Studied for other modes such as streetcar.
This is an important step for us to take part in making a positive impact for our community. We need to express our concern and offering comments before the Council votes.
Hurry, take action and provide your comments, oral or written comments as follows:
- Written comments to: Metropolitan Council Public Information. 390 North Robert St., St. Paul, MN 55101-1805/ ATTN: 2030 Transportation Policy Plan Amendments
- Fax comments to Public Information at 651-602-1464
- Record comments on the Metropolitan Council’s Public Comment Line at 651-602-1500
- Send TTY comments to: 651-291-0904
- Email comments to: email@example.com.
You can also click on the link below to take a quick survey about expanding transportation in north Minneapolis. Your voice matters A LOT! Also, please pass on this message on to other residents of north Minneapolis. Thanks you so much for you time!
Through an authentic community process, NTN strives to insure that our region’s investment in the Bottineau Transit way contributes to a vibrant, economically successful North Minneapolis.
We will continue to provide ongoing authentic community engagement.